Awards Gala – Reservations / Sponsorships
The EIC will resume holding its annual awards Gala in person in 2023. Two installments of the Gala will be held on successive nights in April 2023 to allow presentation of the awards to the four cohorts of winners since 2020: the 2020 and 2021 cohorts of award winners will be celebrated on Friday, 21 April 2023, while the 2022 and 2023 cohorts will be celebrated on Saturday, 22 April 2023.
Both 2023 EIC Gala events will be held at the HILTON LAC-LEAMY Hotel, located at 3 Casino Boulevard, Gatineau-Ottawa, QC. Each gala will be a formal ceremony, including a cocktail reception (@ 5:30 PM) followed by a sit-down 4-course dinner/banquet (@ 7:00 PM) during which the awards will be presented.
Seat Reservations/Sponsorships (The payment facility is temporarily re-opened):
Gala seats may be reserved/purchased for either of the two Gala events using the below button. In the drop down menu, options are shown for individual seats, pairs of seats and table of 10 seats. To order any other number of seats, please select Individual seat $130 CAD and you will be able to specify the exact quantity desired after you click the Add to Cart button.
Gala sponsorships are sold by “tranches” of $1,000. It is usual, and greatly appreciated, for organizations to sponsor their winning employees at the rate of @ $1,000 per winner. Sponsorships include two complimentary Gala seats per $1K tranche (that may cover, at the organization’s discretion, the seats for the winning employee and spouse, or cover two additional guests) plus recognition of the organization:
- in the official awards brochure
- in the slide show being screened during the event, and
- on a banner to be displayed at the entrance to the banquet hall
Gala seats and sponsorships may be purchased by credit card or via a PayPal account. To effect an order/payment, simply select one of the items and click Add to Cart to proceed to the secured online payment portal. There you can confirm the desired quantity of each item (# of seats or sponsorship tranches), then click “check out” if paying by credit card or “PayPal check-out” if you have a PayPal account (optional). If you prefer, you may also purchase/reserve seats by mailing a cheque made out to the “Engineering Institute of Canada FUND” to EIC’s office (see address at the bottom of this page), with details concerning your purchase (day of the event, guest names and dietary restrictions). Mail-in orders must be received by 31 March.
(1) There are no physical tickets. Once you have purchased gala seat(s) or a sponsorship, a receipt will be emailed to you by PayPal. Please check your spam folder if it is not received within a couple of minutes in your mailbox.
(2) Upon reception of the PayPal receipt, please e-mail a note to email@example.com specifying the full name and any dietary restriction of guest(s) for whom the seat(s) has or have been reserved and for which of the two Gala nights (21 or 22 April 2023) the reservation(s) shall apply. The EIC Office will confirm your registrations upon reception of your email.
(3) Upon request, seat reservations purchased between 2020 and 2023 will be transferred to the pertinent 2023 event, or reimbursed as long as notice of the desired cancellation is received by firstname.lastname@example.org no later than thirty (30) business days prior to the event.
Rooms at the Hilton Lac-Leamy Hotel:
A limited block of rooms are being held until 29 March at the Gala hotel, the Hilton Lac Leamy, at special rates under the booking reservation code “CZZ”. Note that the hotel features free parking. To book, click here.
Dress code: Formal evening or cocktail dress (women) / Black-tie or business attire (men).