Sustaining Members are corporations or individuals supporting the aims of the EIC Fund, a registered charity. Sustaining membership dues directly support EIC Fund programs. In return, Sustaining Members receive the following benefits (naming and logo recognition on this website, in official EIC brochures and during Awards Galas.) If your organization is interested in joining the ranks of EIC Sustaining Members, please contact Executive Director Guy Gosselin.
To make your Sustaining Membership contribution to the EIC FUND, please click the Donate button and select “Sustaining Membership”:
The EIC FUND
The EIC FUND plays a meaningful role in furthering the Engineering Institute of Canada’s long history of initiatives to foster and advance engineering knowledge and causes in Canada. Its primary aim is to support the recognition of excellence and the advancement of engineering and engineering education in Canada. It is a registered Canadian charity and donations to it can be acknowledged with an official receipt.
In order to fulfil and enhance the value of the goals and work of the Institute, the EIC FUND:
- Upon requests, provides $1K sponsorship of annual conferences of EIC constituent societies at which recent engineering advancements are presented.
- Financially assists initiatives proposed by members of EIC Constituent Societies and endorsed by said societies, and whose objectives serve the purposes of the Institute in innovative ways.
- Donates to specific organizations that foster an interest in engineering on the part of youth (e.g., Youth Science Canada, the Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation, CDA Scholarships and EPIC Award for Excellence Scholarships).
- Operates a quality assurance program that recognizes quality providers of continuing engineering education and professional development. These providers commit to internationally-recognized process standards for the delivery of their courses as a condition for issuing EIC-accredited Continuing Education Units.
- Annually recognizes outstanding engineers from amongst the members of the EIC Constituent Societies with Fellowships and Medals at a prestigious awards gala.
- Recognizes outstanding Canadians who have influenced the engineering profession by installing them as Honorary Members of the EIC.
Decisions on uses of the EIC FUND are made by the EIC Council (whose members are its trustees). Only EIC Constituent Societies and their active members may apply for funding from the EIC FUND. To apply, applicants must submit a completed grant application (see form attached) directly to their own Constituent Society, which shall review such requests and, if found suitable, recommend them to the EIC Council.
For more information regarding the EIC FUND, please visit its listing on the CRA Charities Directorate.
If you simply wish to make a donation to the EIC FUND or one of the specific programs that the FUND administers (e.g. EIC Awards Gala or CDA Scholarships), please click on the button below and select the specific FUND program to which you wish to donate (in the drop-down menu). Or, simply mail a donation cheque addressed to the EIC FUND, P.O. Box 40140, Ottawa, On K1V 0W8, identifying the specfic program as needed. A charitable receipt will be issued.