“Engineering for a prosperous, safe and sustainable Canada.”
“Le génie pour un Canada sûr, prospère et durable”.
Recognize and document engineering excellence. Accredit quality continuing education. Initiate and facilitate interdisciplinary activities and services. Lead constituent societies in defining and building the future of engineering. Advocate the values and benefits of engineering excellence..
- Continuing Education & CEU Accreditation
- Senior Engineering Awards
- History & Archives
- Promote Engineering as a Career
- Services to Constituent Societies
- Adhesion of Canadian engineering societies in the EIC
- Canadian sponsor of internationally recognized standards for the provision of continuing education to the engineering and engineering technology community using the EIC Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
- Annual recognition of outstanding engineers from amongst the members of the constituent societies as Fellows of the EIC or with Senior Medals and Honorary Memberships
- Use of the EIC website as a source of information on Canadian engineering history and archives
- Interdisciplinary conferences on climate change technologies, sustainable development and other topics of major importance
- Representation of constituent societies at the Canadian Engineering Leadership Forum (CELF) and in the Partnership Group for Science and Engineering (PAGSE)
- Operation of the EIC Fund, a registered charity
- Operation of www.EngineeringCareers.ca, an engineering-focused career site; Director’s insurance for Constituent Societies; Administration for some societies