John B. Stirling Medal
This Medal was first awarded in 1988. Established a year earlier during the Institute’s centennial through the generosity of E. G. M. Cape and Company Limited, it honours a former President of the Company who was also President of the Institute in 1952, and had served it in various capacities for a very long time.
The John B. Stirling Medal is awarded by the Council of the Institute in recognition of leadership and distinguished service at the national level within the Institute and/or its Member Societies, by members of these Societies. Up to two medals could be awarded in 1988, 1989 and 1990 and one per year thereafter.