What engineers do
- Engineers develop practical solutions to tough problems, using rational thinking, organized methodologies, creativity and technical knowledge.
- As servants to society, engineers do productive, diverse and rewarding work, often gaining a gratifying sense of accomplishment and relatively good compensation.
- Types of engineering include aeronautical, agricultural, biomechanical, biomedical, chemical, civil, computer software & hardware, electrical & electronics, environmental, industrial, mechanical, mining/geological/mineral, materials/metallurgical, nuclear, photonics, sustainability design, systems.
- Explore engineering further at EIC member societies and Engineering Your Future.
- For a glimpse of what civil engineers do, as an example of engineering, you may wish to view this video on YouTube: Career Choices - Civil Engineer
How to study/prepare for engineering
- In high school
- At accredited engineering programs
- Connect with the Canadian Federation of Engineering Students
Where to find engineering jobs
- EIC EngineeringCareers.ca
- TechJobs.ca (engineer)
- CareerBuilder.ca (engineering)
- Workopolis.ca (engineer)
- Indeed.ca (engineering)